Adult Case Management

Adult Case Management

Case Management is a community-based service for Medicaid-eligible adults living with a severe and persistent mental illness. Case managers provide support and assistance "out of the office" or wherever the individual is most comfortable. The National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) defines the service as “a range of services provided to assist and support individuals in developing their skills to gain access to needed medical, behavioral health, housing, employment, social, educational, and other services essential to meeting basic human services.”

Case Management service may also include:

• Assistance in accessing community services and resources: basic needs, food resources, education, health care, financial assistance, and support systems
• Helping individuals coordinate resources if using multiple agencies/programs
• Developing specialized programs to improve interpersonal skills, symptom management, and coping skills

Frequently Asked Questions about Case Management:

For most people, Case Management is a new experience. Our professional staff is available to answer any questions you may have.

What are the requirements to receive Case Management Services?
The individual must have an open case with Community Mental Healthcare. This requires an initial assessment/intake with a licensed counselor. The individual must have or be eligible to receive Medicaid.

How do I start?
A referral may be made by any healthcare provider or another community organization with which the individual is involved. Individuals may also contact CMH directly at 330.343.6631.

Who can benefit from these services?
Adults ages 18 and older who are living with a severe and persistent mental health condition and require assistance dealing with the daily challenges they face.

How often does the case manager meet with the individual?
Because every situation is unique, an individualized plan will be developed based on the specific needs of the individual.

Please Note: When calling about this service, please ask to speak to the Adult Case Manager Supervisor.